How to approach your boss about attending the 2022 e3 Learning User Conference
Convince Your Boss
Justifying attendance at in-person events can be tough! Here are three tips to help start the conversation with your boss, as well as a sample letter to help build a business case for why youshould attend the 2022 e3 Learning User Conference.
Step 1 – Make a Plan
– Review the full agenda, filled with tactical and strategic sessions to map out your customized conference agenda.
– Choose a mix of sessions that benefit you, expand your whole team’s expertise, and improve your work.
– Be ready to discuss why attending the 2022 e3 Learning User Conference will make you a better asset to your company.
– Lay the groundwork with the business plan, then schedule a brief meeting to state your case in person.
– Explain the ROI on sending you to the event.
– Walk through the conference website together to review the program and speaker lineup.
Step 3 – Leverage Your Communication Skills
If you need help overcoming common objections, take a look at these responses below:
Objection: “It’s too expensive.”
Your response: “This two-day event will have benefits that will carry over through the rest of the year and beyond, so it’s a great value. It looks like a seat was included in our contract, too, so this might be an investment worth making for our entire team.”
Objection: “You can’t be away from the office for two days.”
Your response: “These are two days away from the office that I’ll be gathering information and best practices that will benefit our organization. Additionally, there are ample breaks and free time built into the agenda where I can be available to check in and put out any fires.”
Your closing argument: “When I get back from the conference, I’ll schedule a download session with those who couldn’t attend. I’ll present my notes and speaker handouts from all the sessions I attended. We can even see the recordings of each session to reference any topic we want to drill down on. I’ll recommend new ideas for our entire team and how they can be incorporated into our processes. I’ll share all the great resource material I picked up from the vendors exhibiting at the event who can save us money. Sending me or our team to the conference means elevating our whole team — and when our work improves, you look good, too.”
How to Register
Click the link below to visit the Brainier Customer Experience Site. There, you can see additional details, register for the event, purchase additional seats, and submit your entry for the Brainier Excellence Awards.